A bold new design for thin film solar cells that requires significantly less silicon and may boost their efficiency is the result of an industry/academia collaboration between Oerlikon Solar in Switzerland and the Institute of Physics' photovoltaic group at the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic.
- 'Swiss cheese' design enables thin film silicon solar cells with potential for higher efficienciesFri, 6 May 2011, 16:35:47 EDT
- Efficiency record for flexible CdTe solar cell due to novel polyimide filmThu, 9 Jun 2011, 21:34:16 EDT
- Cheaper materials could be key to low-cost solar cellsWed, 18 Feb 2009, 10:37:09 EST
- Caltech researchers create highly absorbing, flexible solar cells with silicon wire arraysTue, 16 Feb 2010, 12:27:41 EST
- Solar cells thinner than wavelengths of light hold huge power potentialTue, 28 Sep 2010, 9:15:58 EDT