A study by researchers at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health suggests that traumatic experiences "biologically embed" themselves in select genes, altering their functions and leading to the development of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Trauma-induced changes to genes may lead to PTSDTue, 4 May 2010, 10:47:37 EDT
- 'Path of mental illness' follows path of war, 20 years after conflict endsFri, 30 Jul 2010, 11:45:12 EDT
- PTSD genes identified by UCLA studyMon, 2 Apr 2012, 13:33:59 EDT
- Post-traumatic stress disorder common following significant orthopedic traumaMon, 9 May 2011, 10:32:30 EDT
- New biological pathway identified for post-traumatic stress disorderWed, 23 Feb 2011, 13:35:59 EST