Monday, December 14, 2009 - 06:28 in Astronomy & Space
It's the stuff of a Hollywood disaster epic: A comet plunges from outer space into the Earth's atmosphere, splitting the sky with a devastating shock wave that flattens forests and shakes the countryside.
- Kansas scientists probe mysterious possible comet strikes on EarthMon, 14 Dec 2009, 1:58:43 EST
- Rosetta bound for outer Solar System after final Earth swingbyFri, 13 Nov 2009, 9:38:02 EST
- Space shuttle science shows how 1908 Tunguska explosion was caused by a cometWed, 24 Jun 2009, 14:44:59 EDT
- Last visit home for ESA's comet chaser RosettaTue, 20 Oct 2009, 11:38:40 EDT
- Earth's atmosphere came from outer space, find scientistsThu, 10 Dec 2009, 14:59:47 EST