Hispanics with alcohol-induced problems - especially male Mexican Americans - have significantly worse health and welfare than those with other ethnic backgrounds. This study examined the influence of gene/environment interaction on alcoholism among Mexican Americans. Researchers have found that interaction between education and a polymorphism of the reward gene contribute to severe alcoholism among Mexican Americans.
- Perceived barriers prevent Mexican-American students from pursuing education, MU researcher findsWed, 4 Mar 2009, 13:43:56 EST
- Mexican-Americans with heart rhythm disorder have increased risk for second strokeThu, 9 Sep 2010, 17:36:56 EDT
- USC study finds fat mass and obesity assoicated genes increased risk of disease in Mexican-AmericansTue, 10 Jun 2008, 9:22:39 EDT
- Does everyone really want to be a macho man?Wed, 4 Jun 2008, 16:08:08 EDT
- Watching movies featuring characters who smoke negatively influences Mexican-American teensThu, 3 Dec 2009, 2:38:54 EST