(AP) -- Imagine Superman promoting fresh fruits and vegetables instead of a cereal. Children are confronted with such a barrage of advertising for food and drink - much of it unhealthy - that the entertainment industry should take steps to tie popular TV and movie characters to more nutritional products, the Federal Trade Commission says.
- Low socioeconomic Mississippi Delta children willing to try fruits and veggies, but few availableSun, 19 Apr 2009, 13:50:05 EDT
- TV food advertising increases children's preference for unhealthy foodsThu, 30 Jun 2011, 13:35:36 EDT
- Obese children more vulnerable to food advertisingFri, 30 Nov 2012, 19:34:42 EST
- Cereal and milk is the new sports supplementThu, 14 May 2009, 2:14:39 EDT
- New affordable nutrition index is first measurement tool to evaluate affordable nutritionMon, 19 Oct 2009, 11:21:20 EDT