A two-year old mud volcano which is still spewing huge volumes of mud, has displaced more than 30,000 people and caused millions of dollars worth of damage was caused by the drilling of a gas exploration well, an international team of scientists has concluded.
- Report confirms drilling, not earthquake, caused Java mud volcanoMon, 9 Jun 2008, 10:07:45 EDT
- Strongest evidence to date shows link between exploration well and Lusi mud volcanoThu, 11 Feb 2010, 20:29:30 EST
- Conclusive vote on cause of Indonesian mud volcanoFri, 31 Oct 2008, 10:18:39 EDT
- GOES satellites see ash still spewing from Chilean volcanoWed, 29 Jun 2011, 22:32:43 EDT
- Volcanoes played pivotal role in ancient ice age, mass extinctionMon, 26 Oct 2009, 14:23:21 EDT