Biologists have discovered that a fundamental building block in the cells of flowering plants evolved independently, yet almost identically, on a separate branch of the evolutionary tree--in an ancient plant group called lycophytes that originated at least 420 million years ago.
- When plants 'think' alikeTue, 27 May 2008, 11:07:38 EDT
- At long last, how plants make eggsThu, 4 Jun 2009, 14:37:27 EDT
- How did flowering plants evolve to dominate Earth?Tue, 1 Dec 2009, 9:07:56 EST
- New genetic study helps to solve Darwin's mystery about the ancient evolution of flowering plantsSun, 10 Apr 2011, 13:33:23 EDT
- UF study: Rapid burst of flowering plants set stage for other speciesMon, 9 Feb 2009, 17:43:08 EST