Diabetic individuals have a significantly higher risk of developing Alzheimer`s disease but the molecular connection between the two remains unexplained. Now, researchers at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies identified the probable molecular basis for the diabetes - Alzheimer`s interaction.
- Salk study links diabetes and Alzheimer's diseaseWed, 30 Apr 2008, 14:56:50 EDT
- Connections between diabetes and Alzheimer's disease exploredWed, 13 May 2009, 11:38:28 EDT
- Key action of a gene linked to both Alzheimer's disease and type 2 diabetes identifiedTue, 28 Sep 2010, 18:08:09 EDT
- Does diabetes speed up memory loss in Alzheimer's disease?Tue, 27 Oct 2009, 18:10:55 EDT
- Delaying the aging process protects against Alzheimer's diseaseThu, 10 Dec 2009, 12:58:07 EST