Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 17:21 in Biology & Nature
Ants have less of a sweet tooth and more of a preference for salty snacks, at least when they live in salt-poor areas far from the ocean, a new study finds.
- Chewing gum reduces snack cravings and decreases consumption of sweet snacksSun, 19 Apr 2009, 13:56:17 EDT
- Fruit fly's 'sweet tooth' short-lived: U of British Columbia researchTue, 16 Oct 2012, 20:05:50 EDT
- Inland ants often prefer salt over sugar, implying salt may be a limitation on their activityMon, 27 Oct 2008, 18:14:49 EDT
- Liking sweets makes sense for kidsWed, 18 Mar 2009, 14:24:47 EDT
- 70 percent of 8-month-olds consume too much saltSun, 31 Jul 2011, 18:31:50 EDT