Though the rate of the last 30 years has slowed, it's far from leveling off, and it's going to get expensive, say experts at the Weight of the Nation conference in Washington.The ranks of obese Americans are expected to swell even further in the coming years, rising from 36% of the adult population today to 42% by 2030, experts said Monday.
- US adult obesity still high, but recent data suggest rates may have stabilizedWed, 13 Jan 2010, 11:32:13 EST
- Forecasting rates of overweightFri, 23 Apr 2010, 18:32:25 EDT
- Thinner diabetics face higher death rateTue, 7 Aug 2012, 17:34:18 EDT
- Clinical trials demonstrate effective weight loss strategies for obese and overweight adultsSat, 9 Oct 2010, 12:21:32 EDT
- Safe weight gain for heavier moms-to-be depends on level of obesityThu, 22 Apr 2010, 17:31:59 EDT