Feeding young babies solid foods such as crackers, cereals and bread may set them up for a lifelong preference for salt. And though babies are born with a clear preference for sweet foods and distaste for bitter foods, they appear indifferent to salt in the first few months of life.
- Baby knows best! Study shows baby-led weaning promotes healthy food preferencesThu, 9 Feb 2012, 15:36:43 EST
- 70 percent of 8-month-olds consume too much saltSun, 31 Jul 2011, 18:31:50 EDT
- Fruit fly's 'sweet tooth' short-lived: U of British Columbia researchTue, 16 Oct 2012, 20:05:50 EDT
- 'Junk food' moms have 'junk food' babies Wed, 23 Mar 2011, 11:10:34 EDT
- Baby-led weaning is feasible but could cause nutritional problems for minority of infantsWed, 12 Jan 2011, 9:55:43 EST