University of Minnesota anthropology professor Kieran McNulty (along with colleague Karen Baab of Stony Brook University in New York) has made an important contribution toward solving one of the greatest paleoanthropological mysteries in recent history -- that fossilized skeletons resembling a mythical "hobbit" creature represent an entirely new species in humanity's evolutionary chain.
- 'Hobbit' fossils represent a new species, concludes University of Minnesota anthropologistWed, 17 Dec 2008, 13:08:32 EST
- 'Hobbits' are a new human species -- according to the statistical analysis of fossilsThu, 19 Nov 2009, 5:14:38 EST
- A new fossil species found in SpainThu, 25 Mar 2010, 10:49:06 EDT
- Anthropologist finds explanation for hominin brain evolution in famous fossil Mon, 7 May 2012, 16:32:47 EDT
- U of Minnesota research reveals critical role of evolutionary processes in species coexistenceThu, 21 May 2009, 10:58:08 EDT