Friday, June 24, 2011 - 17:30 in Earth & Climate
ATHENS, Ga., June 24 (UPI) -- Weather forecasters analyzing snow cover in North America to forecast winter conditions may be looking in the wrong place, some researchers say.
- Northern Eurasian snowpack could be a predictor of winter weather in US, team from UGA reportsFri, 24 Jun 2011, 18:05:51 EDT
- New study shows correlation between summer Arctic sea ice cover and winter weather in Central EuropeWed, 1 Feb 2012, 13:37:41 EST
- New methodology improves winter climate forecastingTue, 20 Jul 2010, 11:15:40 EDT
- Converging weather patterns caused last winter's huge snowsMon, 26 Jul 2010, 11:36:35 EDT
- Dirty snow causes early runoff in Cascades, RockiesMon, 12 Jan 2009, 11:42:52 EST