Astronomers have discovered a veritable rogues' gallery of odd exoplanets -- from scorching hot worlds with molten surfaces to frigid ice balls. And while the hunt continues for the elusive "blue dot" -- a planet with roughly the same characteristics as Earth -- new research reveals that life might actually be able to survive on some of the many exoplanetary oddballs that exist.
- Newly discovered planet may be first truly habitable exoplanetWed, 29 Sep 2010, 17:30:58 EDT
- Newly discovered planet may be first truly habitable exoplanetFri, 1 Oct 2010, 10:43:53 EDT
- 32 new exoplanets foundMon, 19 Oct 2009, 11:15:17 EDT
- Lightest exoplanet yet discoveredTue, 21 Apr 2009, 9:57:21 EDT
- Astronomers find world with thick, inhospitable atmosphere and an icy heartWed, 16 Dec 2009, 13:39:02 EST