Mice with a defective version of a single gene show behaviors and symptoms that are remarkably similar to characteristics observed in humans with autism spectrum disorders. The animals also respond similarly to an FDA-approved drug used to treat repetitive behaviors in people with autism.
- Autistic mouse shows striking parallels to human diseaseFri, 30 Sep 2011, 7:36:57 EDT
- Agent reduces autism-like behaviors in miceWed, 25 Apr 2012, 22:32:16 EDT
- Gene mutation is linked to autism-like symptoms in mice, UT Southwestern researchers findTue, 23 Feb 2010, 17:46:37 EST
- Brain deletion of FK506-binding protein enhances repetitive behaviors in miceWed, 10 Dec 2008, 12:37:47 EST
- New treatment for social problems in autism? Oxytocin improves emotion recognitionThu, 8 Apr 2010, 13:04:57 EDT