Taking the first steps of what would be a major historical advance in the science of measurement, the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology is participating in a worldwide effort to recommend major revisions to the International System of Units (SI), the modern metric system that is the basis of global measurements in commerce, science and other aspects of everyday life.
- 'Sí' on the new SI: NIST backs proposal for a revamped system of measurement unitsWed, 27 Oct 2010, 13:03:41 EDT
- Novel 'noise thermometry' may help redefine international unit of temperatureTue, 3 Jun 2008, 10:29:17 EDT
- A measurement first: NIST 'noise thermometry' system measures Boltzmann ConstantThu, 31 Mar 2011, 15:34:43 EDT
- NIST's LIDAR may offer peerless precision in remote measurementsSun, 24 May 2009, 13:35:50 EDT
- NIST, Food Marketing Institute co-host webinar on ensuring accurate net weights in retailWed, 2 Mar 2011, 13:38:59 EST