Scientists have perfected a new technique that allows them to make molecular nanowires out of thin strips of ring-shaped molecules known as discotic liquid crystals (DLCs). The findings could be an important step in the development of next generation electronic devices, such as light-harvesting cells and low-cost biosensors that could be used to test water quality in developing countries.
- Scientists perfect new nanowire techniqueThu, 14 Oct 2010, 10:04:11 EDT
- Scientists demonstrate method for integrating nanowire devices directly onto siliconThu, 8 May 2008, 16:56:30 EDT
- Nanogenerators grow strong enough to power small conventional electronicsMon, 8 Nov 2010, 15:34:15 EST
- Nanowires for the electronics and optoelectronics of the futureWed, 23 Jun 2010, 10:32:16 EDT
- Scientists create nano-patterned superconducting thin filmsMon, 14 Jun 2010, 12:33:59 EDT