Body Mass Index, or BMI, is an index used to determine healthy body weight. But, calculating BMI involves a complex formula, and then charts or online calculators are needed to convert the BMI information to a "healthy weight range." Researchers have now found a much simpler way of calculating a "Maximum Weight Limit," which closely corresponds to weight recommendations listed on BMI charts.
- Nevada professor discovers new way to calculate body's 'Maximum Weight Limit'Fri, 18 Sep 2009, 16:07:58 EDT
- Experts urge BMI method for calculating weight in kids with eating disordersWed, 4 Jan 2012, 21:33:28 EST
- Health risks begin in overweight range, BMI doesn't tell whole storyMon, 8 Jun 2009, 16:57:56 EDT
- School performance and body weight affects kids' self-esteem, study showsWed, 21 Jan 2009, 11:07:55 EST
- Women's body image based more on others' opinions than their own weightTue, 29 Mar 2011, 15:06:11 EDT