Students are creating idealized versions of themselves on social networking websites -- Facebook and MySpace are the most popular -- and using these sites to explore their emerging identities, psychologists report. Parents often understand very little about this phenomenon, they say.
- Crafting your image for your 1,000 friends on Facebook or MySpaceTue, 18 Nov 2008, 17:56:25 EST
- Facebook or MySpace, youths' use reflect face-to-face interactionsMon, 25 Jan 2010, 17:02:09 EST
- Teenagers, parents and teachers unaware of social networking risksMon, 21 Mar 2011, 11:06:34 EDT
- The joy is in the social huntFri, 23 Apr 2010, 10:52:31 EDT
- Study finds link between Facebook use, lower grades in collegeMon, 13 Apr 2009, 15:43:04 EDT