Researchers have devised an inexpensive way to produce plastic sheets containing billions of nanoantennas that collect heat energy generated by the sun and other sources. The new technology is the first step toward a solar energy collector that could be mass-produced on flexible materials, say the researchers.
- Flexible nanoantenna arrays capture abundant solar energySun, 10 Aug 2008, 18:14:10 EDT
- Record efficiency of 18.7 percent for flexible CIGS solar cells on plasticsThu, 19 May 2011, 10:36:00 EDT
- Collecting the sun's energyTue, 19 Apr 2011, 11:35:37 EDT
- New solar product captures up to 95 percent of light energyMon, 16 May 2011, 19:35:12 EDT
- New solar energy conversion process could revamp solar power productionMon, 2 Aug 2010, 10:09:37 EDT