Thirty-eight research divers recently completed a successful 20-day biennial census to measure how the protected status of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary's Tortugas Ecological Reserve and Dry Tortugas National Park's Research Natural Area are helping the regional ecosystem rebound from decades of overfishing and environmental changes.
- Dry Tortugas show positive trends: Protected area slowly reboundingMon, 23 Jun 2008, 11:22:30 EDT
- Size matters: Large Marine Protected Areas work for dolphinsTue, 27 Mar 2012, 17:36:35 EDT
- How much protection is enough?Thu, 28 Feb 2013, 17:04:44 EST
- Participaton 'important for healthy marine parks'Mon, 22 Feb 2010, 10:27:42 EST
- Conservation areas threatened nationally by housing developmentTue, 22 Dec 2009, 17:17:37 EST