Critical care experts at Johns Hopkins are reporting initial success in boosting recovery and combating muscle wasting among critically ill, mostly bed-bound patients using any one of a trio of mild physical therapy exercises during their stays in the intensive care unit (ICU).
- Mild exercise while in the ICU reduces bad effects of prolonged bed restMon, 21 Sep 2009, 15:44:45 EDT
- More benefits found from mild exercise in critically ill patientsFri, 9 Apr 2010, 1:57:57 EDT
- Physical therapist-led exercise in patients in ICU improves function and decreases hospital stayMon, 10 May 2010, 18:02:39 EDT
- Get moving: Johns Hopkins research shows early mobility better than bed rest for ICU patientsWed, 8 Oct 2008, 2:37:09 EDT
- Patients with mild to moderate OSA may benefit from exerciseThu, 7 May 2009, 1:50:27 EDT