American megachurches use stagecraft, sensory pageantry, charismatic leadership and an upbeat, unchallenging vision of Christianity to provide their congregants with a powerful emotional religious experience, according to research from the University of Washington.
- God as a drug: The rise of American megachurchesSun, 19 Aug 2012, 21:01:46 EDT
- Prevalence of religious congregations affects mortality ratesThu, 3 Jul 2008, 15:22:14 EDT
- American Academy of Ophthalmology on NEI report on sharp rise in myopia in AmericansTue, 15 Dec 2009, 17:20:14 EST
- Rice U. releases findings from national Portraits of American Life StudyFri, 28 Jun 2013, 14:04:01 EDT
- UT Study: Charismatic leadership can be measured, learnedTue, 8 Feb 2011, 16:03:29 EST