Over the past several decades, scientists have faced challenges in developing new antibiotics even as bacteria have become increasingly resistant to existing drugs. One strategy that might combat such resistance would be to overwhelm bacterial defenses by using highly targeted nanoparticles to deliver large doses of existing antibiotics.
- Scientists use nature against nature to develop an antibiotic with reduced resistanceWed, 10 Apr 2013, 23:35:42 EDT
- Dangerous liaisons: Bacterial 'sex' causes antibiotic resistanceThu, 11 Jun 2009, 14:43:14 EDT
- Antibiotic resistance is not just geneticWed, 5 Jan 2011, 19:35:15 EST
- Drug 'shield' helps target antibiotic resistant bacteria Thu, 7 Jul 2011, 13:38:16 EDT
- Antibiotics as active mutagens in the emergence of multidrug resistanceThu, 11 Feb 2010, 13:31:29 EST