Exploding carcasses through putrefaction gases - this is how science explained the mysterious bone arrangements in almost fully preserved dinosaur skeletons for decades. Now a Swiss-German research team has proved that these carcasses sank to the seabed and did not explode. The sedimentologists and paleontologists from the universities of Zurich and Basel thus dispel the myth of exploding marine reptiles.
- Exploding dinosaur hypothesis implodesWed, 28 Mar 2012, 11:36:38 EDT
- A 'wild cousin' emerges from family tree of exploding starsThu, 25 Sep 2008, 14:36:33 EDT
- New images show cloud exploding from Sun ripples like clouds on EarthFri, 4 Feb 2011, 11:12:51 EST
- U of A physicist identifies mysterious core left by exploding starThu, 5 Nov 2009, 8:02:20 EST
- Supernova explosions stay in shapeThu, 17 Dec 2009, 11:11:56 EST