Social studies of Facebook and Twitter have been adapted to gain a greater understanding of the swarming behaviour of locusts. The enormous success of social networking sites has vividly illustrated the importance of networking for humans; however for some animals, keeping informed about others of their kind is even more important.
- Swarms of locusts use social networking to communicateFri, 15 Jul 2011, 3:32:32 EDT
- Teenagers, parents and teachers unaware of social networking risksMon, 21 Mar 2011, 11:06:34 EDT
- New malware could steal users social media behavior and info -- Ben-Gurion U. researchersThu, 14 Oct 2010, 10:04:08 EDT
- Social learningMon, 9 May 2011, 10:03:10 EDT
- Twitter principles of social networking increase family success in nesting birds Tue, 23 Oct 2012, 22:01:16 EDT