The first six of 18 flight mirror segments for the next-generation premier space observatory, NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, are ready to begin final cryogenic tests in the X-ray and Cryogenic Facility at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala., to verify they meet mirror test program requirements. The flight mirrors about to undergo cryogenic tests are the first full set to have fully completed the mirror manufacturing process.
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope completes first round of cryogenic mirror testFri, 17 Jun 2011, 19:36:02 EDT
- Webb Telescope's first primary mirror meets cold temperature specifications, sets program landmarkTue, 2 Mar 2010, 14:39:20 EST
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope: A Year of Achievement and SuccessMon, 9 Jan 2012, 20:31:40 EST
- First 2 Webb Telescope flight mirrors delivered to NASAMon, 24 Sep 2012, 18:32:28 EDT
- Tiny planet-finding mirrors borrow from Webb Telescope playbookFri, 25 May 2012, 17:34:09 EDT