(PhysOrg.com) -- Mention the words "bubble boy" and many will recall David Vetter, the kid with big eyes and a thick thatch of dark hair who died 25 years ago after spending almost the entire 12 years of his life in a germ-free, plastic bubble. David was born with severe combined immune deficiency, or SCID, a condition that robbed him of an immune system.
- SCID kids leading healthy, normal lives 25 years after 'Bubble Boy'Tue, 13 Oct 2009, 9:25:42 EDT
- New genetic cause of boy in the bubble syndromeTue, 16 Dec 2008, 8:44:41 EST
- Stranded dolphins exhibit bubbles, and ability to recoverWed, 19 Oct 2011, 20:38:29 EDT
- Bubble physicist counts bubbles in the ocean to answer questions about climate, sound, lightThu, 21 Jan 2010, 11:19:26 EST
- Bubble study could improve industrial splash controlThu, 13 Dec 2012, 15:05:09 EST