(PhysOrg.com) -- Solar flares are the most powerful explosions in the solar system. Packing a punch equal to a hundred million hydrogen bombs, they obliterate everything in their immediate vicinity. Not a single atom should remain intact. At least that's how it's supposed to work.
- Solar flare surpriseMon, 15 Dec 2008, 13:57:10 EST
- Solar flares: What does it take to be X-class?Tue, 9 Aug 2011, 18:15:11 EDT
- The mouse that roared: pipsqueak star unleashes monster flareMon, 19 May 2008, 12:07:15 EDT
- NASA sees sun send out mid-level solar flareThu, 19 Jul 2012, 12:08:19 EDT
- New method detects emerging sunspots deep inside the sun, provides warning of dangerous solar flaresFri, 19 Aug 2011, 15:33:02 EDT