Researchers in Ohio and France have solved a longstanding scientific mystery involving magnetic resonance -- the physical phenomenon that allows MRI instruments in modern hospitals to image tissues deep within the human body. Their discovery, a new mathematical algorithm, should lead to new MRI techniques with more informative and sharper images.
- New discovery may enhance MRI scans, lead to portable MRI machinesTue, 25 Nov 2008, 12:35:24 EST
- To make better MRI images, let the atoms spin out of controlTue, 25 Nov 2008, 12:35:34 EST
- NIST/NIH micromagnets show promise as colorful 'smart tags' for magnetic resonance imagingWed, 18 Jun 2008, 13:49:37 EDT
- Molecular imaging prototype looks deep into soft tissues of the brain and other organsMon, 7 Jun 2010, 14:15:14 EDT
- New research findings pave the way to more accurate interpretation of brain imaging dataSat, 29 Aug 2009, 20:30:38 EDT