We don't have spacecraft to take us outside our solar system--not yet, at least. Still, astronomers thought they had a pretty good understanding of how our solar system formed and in turn, how others formed. In the last dozen years, nearly 300 exoplanets have been discovered. Are the solar systems in which they reside indeed like our own?
- Universally speaking, Earthlings share a nice neighborhoodFri, 8 Aug 2008, 10:22:18 EDT
- Solar system's birth record revisedFri, 2 Nov 2012, 16:09:57 EDT
- In all the universe, just 10 percent of solar systems are like oursTue, 5 Jan 2010, 16:24:04 EST
- New computer simulations show how special the solar system isThu, 7 Aug 2008, 14:50:41 EDT
- 'Little bang' triggered solar system formationThu, 2 Oct 2008, 14:42:32 EDT