Friday, June 13, 2008 - 10:42 in Earth & Climate
Wilkins Ice Shelf has experienced further break-up with an area of about 160 km² breaking off from 30 May to 31 May 2008. ESA's Envisat satellite captured the event - the first ever-documented episode to occur in winter.
- Even the Antarctic winter cannot protect Wilkins Ice ShelfFri, 13 Jun 2008, 11:23:05 EDT
- Wilkins Ice Shelf hanging by its last threadThu, 10 Jul 2008, 12:07:44 EDT
- Arctic sea ice thinning at record rateTue, 28 Oct 2008, 13:28:22 EDT
- AGU: Elephant seals help uncover slower-than-expected Antarctic meltingThu, 21 Jun 2012, 15:09:41 EDT
- Massive crevasses and bendable ice affect stability of Antarctic ice shelf, CU research team finds Fri, 7 Dec 2012, 20:03:25 EST