Biometrics is commonly associated retinal scans, iris recognition and DNA databases, but researchers in India are working on another form of biometrics that could allow law enforcement agencies and airport security to recognize suspects based on the way they were, their characteristic gait. The team reveals details of a comprehensive framework for gait recognition by computer in the inaugural issue of the Inderscience publication, the International Journal of Biometrics.
- Tell me by the way I walkMon, 9 Jun 2008, 13:29:37 EDT
- Knobbly kneed IDWed, 25 Mar 2009, 15:18:32 EDT
- Keeping an eye on intrudersThu, 4 Sep 2008, 10:56:50 EDT
- New Notre Dame research raises questions about iris recognition systemsThu, 12 Jul 2012, 17:07:33 EDT
- Biometric ID technologies 'inherently fallible' -- new reportFri, 24 Sep 2010, 11:51:53 EDT