Researchers in Wyoming report development of a low-cost carbon filter that can remove 90 percent of carbon dioxide gas from the smokestacks of electric power plants that burn coal and other fossil fuels. Their study is scheduled for the May 21 issue of ACS` monthly journal, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research.
- New materials remove CO2 from smokestacks, tailpipes and even the airWed, 4 Jan 2012, 20:32:46 EST
- A greener way to get electricity from natural gasThu, 3 Dec 2009, 10:39:16 EST
- All the carbon countsThu, 28 May 2009, 14:45:23 EDT
- MIT develops initial step toward carbon sequestrationMon, 21 Sep 2009, 11:24:21 EDT
- NASA study illustrates how global peak oil could impact climateWed, 10 Sep 2008, 18:35:56 EDT