Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 13:30 in Health & Medicine
Researchers found that adding lime juice to water that is treated with a solar disinfection method removed detectable levels of harmful bacteria such as Escherichia coli (E. coli) significantly faster than solar disinfection alone.
- Sunlight plus lime juice makes drinking water saferTue, 17 Apr 2012, 14:32:20 EDT
- What's in your water?: Disinfectants create toxic by-productsTue, 31 Mar 2009, 11:44:25 EDT
- Detecting pathogens in waterways: An improved approachTue, 8 Feb 2011, 15:33:17 EST
- Study provides new way to classify E. coli bacteria and test for fecal contaminationMon, 11 Apr 2011, 15:34:59 EDT
- When intestinal bacteria go surfingThu, 19 Mar 2009, 12:03:59 EDT