Thursday, April 5, 2012 - 17:30 in Biology & Nature
The discovery of a major gear in the biological clock that tells the body when to sleep and metabolize food may lead to new drugs to treat sleep problems and metabolic disorders, including diabetes.
- Ticking of body's 24-hour clock turns gears of metabolism and agingThu, 19 Mar 2009, 14:31:32 EDT
- Gene screen reveals 2-way communication between common biological pathways and body's daily clockThu, 17 Sep 2009, 12:52:54 EDT
- Feeding the clockWed, 25 Nov 2009, 9:09:10 EST
- Salk discovery may lead to safer treatments for asthma, allergies and arthritis Mon, 19 Dec 2011, 23:34:31 EST
- Genes controlling insulin can alter timing of biological clockThu, 17 Sep 2009, 12:52:58 EDT