UC's Lauren Flick, a 19-year-old, triple-major senior, will present findings at an upcoming regional conference on the first-ever use of a surgically implanted device to record the habits of snakes in their natural environment. This particular study holds promise in "keeping score" as Ohio's Lake Erie water snake defends its native habitat against an invasive fish species.
- Discovery of a water snake that startles fish in a way that makes them flee into its jawsThu, 18 Jun 2009, 17:08:45 EDT
- Tahoe native fish population declines sharply, invasives on the riseTue, 22 Mar 2011, 16:02:58 EDT
- Invasives threaten salmon in Pacific NorthwestMon, 2 Mar 2009, 3:42:53 EST
- Prehistoric fossil snake is largest on recordWed, 4 Feb 2009, 15:50:48 EST
- Lake Mead aquatic-science research documents substantial improvements in ecosystemWed, 30 Jan 2013, 15:06:28 EST