Fads have been a staple of American pop culture for decades, from spandex in the 1980s to skinny jeans today. But while going from fad to flop may seem like the result of fickle consumers, a new study suggests that this is exactly what should be expected for a highly efficient, rationally evolved animal. Findings could help marketers optimize advertising for the human mind.
- Study reveals effects of unconscious exposure to advertisementsTue, 9 Dec 2008, 11:28:33 EST
- Value of direct-to-consumer drug advertising oversold, study findsTue, 2 Sep 2008, 11:42:21 EDT
- UT researchers find link between advertising and increased tobacco use among India's youthFri, 2 May 2008, 11:28:55 EDT
- Outdoor alcohol advertising and problem drinking among African-American women in NYCMon, 12 Jan 2009, 14:08:02 EST
- Research: Men respond negatively to depictions of 'ideal masculinity' in ads Thu, 2 Aug 2012, 11:09:02 EDT