Marrying a sensitive detector technology capable of distinguishing hundreds of different chemical compounds with a pattern-recognition module that mimics the way animals recognize odors, researchers at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have created a new approach for "electronic noses."
- Sniffing out a better chemical sensorWed, 29 Oct 2008, 17:22:23 EDT
- NIST super-sensors to measure 'signature' of inflationary universeSat, 2 May 2009, 14:36:15 EDT
- The secret behind NIST's new gas detector? Chirp before sniffingWed, 11 May 2011, 17:01:00 EDT
- Odorant shape and vibration likely lead to olfaction satisfactionWed, 19 Sep 2012, 16:34:52 EDT
- Animals learn to fine-tune their sniffsTue, 30 Oct 2012, 21:32:15 EDT