Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 14:30 in Earth & Climate
The satellite technology that allows the GPS in your phone or car to work could now have another purpose: NASA and other government agencies will see if it can be used to monitor and measure large earthquakes.
- Researchers use satellites to measure inland floodsWed, 17 Dec 2008, 13:08:37 EST
- NASA satellite improves pollution monitoringMon, 26 Jul 2010, 0:22:28 EDT
- NASA's TRMM Satellite measures Cyclone Ului's Australian rainfall from spaceMon, 22 Mar 2010, 18:10:55 EDT
- NASA satellites make a movie and get rainfall, wind info on IdaMon, 9 Nov 2009, 14:56:50 EST
- Potential for large earthquake off coast of Sumatra remains large, says Caltech-led teamWed, 3 Dec 2008, 13:22:46 EST