Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 13:30 in Physics & Chemistry
Mounting evidence shows that noise from traffic, oil drilling, Navy sonar and other technology can make nearby animals scatter or change their behavior it.
- Not just for the birds: Man-made noise has ripple effects on plants, tooTue, 20 Mar 2012, 23:33:35 EDT
- Grasshoppers change their tune to stay tuned over traffic noiseWed, 14 Nov 2012, 17:05:51 EST
- Planes, trains and automobiles: Traffic noise disturbs sleep, affects morning performanceTue, 8 Jun 2010, 1:06:14 EDT
- Traffic noise increases the risk of having a strokeWed, 26 Jan 2011, 5:03:34 EST
- Short booms still annoying: Scientists study how mid-level noise bursts lasting less than a second affect the concentration of arithmetic-solving test subjectsThu, 18 Oct 2012, 18:08:16 EDT