Ever since discovering a decade ago that a gene altered in lung cancer regulated an enzyme used in therapies against diabetes, one medical researcher has wondered if drugs originally designed to treat metabolic diseases could also work against cancer.
- Gene testing identifies lung cancer patients who benefit from ALK-inhibitor drugTue, 12 Jan 2010, 17:24:30 EST
- Combination therapy may be effective against some non-small cell lung cancersTue, 19 Jan 2010, 12:32:35 EST
- New Phase II study shows first-line promise of lung cancer drug PF-299Tue, 12 Oct 2010, 11:35:26 EDT
- Drug shrinks lung cancer tumors in miceTue, 10 Nov 2009, 13:39:02 EST
- Mayo study: Common diabetes drug may treat ovarian cancerTue, 4 Dec 2012, 10:05:34 EST