The Rhine is five millions years older than first thought: Age of the river corrected based on fossils
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 20:30 in Paleontology & Archaeology
Scientists have examined the age of the Rhine based on fossils. They have discovered that the river is five million years older than previously believed.
- Discovery of a 160-million-year-old fossil represents a new milestone in early mammal evolutionWed, 24 Aug 2011, 14:36:32 EDT
- New fossil amphibian provides earliest widespread evidence of terrestrial invertebratesMon, 15 Mar 2010, 14:31:19 EDT
- Yangtze River's ancient origins revealedThu, 3 Jun 2010, 19:43:27 EDT
- Tapeworm eggs discovered in 270 million year old fossil shark fecesWed, 30 Jan 2013, 22:04:11 EST
- 96-million-year-old fossil suggests prehistoric crocodile Terminonaris was Texas nativeWed, 20 Jul 2011, 21:19:45 EDT