Is Earth really a sort of giant living organism as the Gaia hypothesis predicts? A new discovery may provide a key to answering this question. This key of sulfur could allow scientists to unlock heretofore hidden interactions between ocean organisms, atmosphere, and land -- interactions that might provide evidence supporting this famous theory.
- UMD finding may hold key to Gaia hypothesis Tue, 15 May 2012, 22:31:37 EDT
- Rethinking early atmospheric oxygenWed, 24 Apr 2013, 20:34:24 EDT
- Rocks on Mars may provide link to evidence of living organisms roughly 4 billion years agoThu, 29 Jul 2010, 19:36:54 EDT
- Researchers witness assembly of molecules critical to protein functionMon, 16 Jun 2008, 17:42:43 EDT
- Evolution's new wrinkleTue, 11 Nov 2008, 17:23:58 EST