For the average narcissist, Facebook "offers a gateway for hundreds of shallow relationships and emotionally detached communication," one expert says. More importantly, for this study, social networking in general allows the user a great deal of control over how he or she is presented to and perceived by peers and other users, he added.
- The joy is in the social huntFri, 23 Apr 2010, 10:52:31 EDT
- Study finds link between Facebook use, lower grades in collegeMon, 13 Apr 2009, 15:43:04 EDT
- Study: Facebook profiles can be used to detect narcissismMon, 22 Sep 2008, 14:14:26 EDT
- Eating or spending too much? Blame it on FacebookTue, 11 Dec 2012, 14:05:46 EST
- Social networks may inflate self-esteem, reduce self-controlMon, 14 Jan 2013, 16:02:44 EST