Drinking alcohol leads to the release of endorphins in areas of the brain that produce feelings of pleasure and reward, according to a study led by researchers at the Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).
- Study offers clue as to why alcohol is addictingWed, 11 Jan 2012, 16:37:20 EST
- Genetic markers identified for alcohol response in UCSF Gallo studyTue, 9 Dec 2008, 17:11:30 EST
- New compounds may treat both alcohol and cigarette addictionsWed, 3 Nov 2010, 10:05:25 EDT
- Biochemical pathway may link addiction, compulsive eatingWed, 1 Sep 2010, 18:08:46 EDT
- Potential novel genetic pathway for alcoholismThu, 12 Aug 2010, 17:30:34 EDT