Yellowstone National Park sits on top of a vast, ancient, and still active volcano. Heat pours off its underground magma chamber, and is the fuel for Yellowstone's famous features -- more than 10,000 hot springs, mud pots, terraces and geysers, including Old Faithful.
- Landsat satellites track Yellowstone's underground heatFri, 9 Dec 2011, 21:33:05 EST
- Yellowstone's ancient supervolcano: Only lukewarm?Wed, 27 Aug 2008, 16:28:52 EDT
- Yellowstone's plumbing exposedSun, 13 Dec 2009, 23:35:19 EST
- Bones of long-dead animals conjure ghosts at YellowstoneTue, 29 Mar 2011, 10:33:00 EDT
- Research aims to settle debate over origin of Yellowstone volcanoMon, 15 Apr 2013, 23:03:30 EDT