High blood pressure is a well-known risk factor for heart disease. An international study of 200,000 Europeans has identified 16 new genetic variations that affect blood pressure. The discovery is an important step towards better diagnostics and treatment.
- Genetic factors behind high blood pressureTue, 20 Sep 2011, 14:02:26 EDT
- Researchers uncover genetic clues to blood pressureSun, 10 May 2009, 13:50:09 EDT
- New genes implicated in high blood pressureSun, 10 May 2009, 13:50:01 EDT
- Double duty: Loss of protective heart failure protein causes high blood pressureMon, 5 May 2008, 15:49:57 EDT
- Lowering blood pressure in middle-aged women reduces heart disease riskMon, 24 Jan 2011, 17:06:21 EST