Fires raging in central Africa are generating a high amount of pollution that is showing up in data from NASA's Aura Satellite, with the ominous shape of a dark red butterfly in the skies over southern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and northern Angola.
- NASA's Aura satellite measures pollution 'butterfly' from fires in central AfricaFri, 15 Jul 2011, 17:02:37 EDT
- NASA's Aura Satellite measures pollution from New Mexico, Arizona firesSat, 2 Jul 2011, 10:33:21 EDT
- Central Africa's tropical Congo Basin was arid, treeless in Late JurassicTue, 10 Nov 2009, 18:51:00 EST
- NASA satellite confirms sharp decline in pollution from US coal power plantsThu, 1 Dec 2011, 21:32:32 EST
- New satellite data reveal impact of Olympic pollution controlsTue, 16 Dec 2008, 12:54:27 EST