Researchers in Germany have found the cause of a hereditary, progressive form of blindness: they have identified the previously unknown protein CCDC66, the loss of which initially leads to night blindness and in due course usually results in complete blindness.
- Cause of hereditary blindness discoveredWed, 22 Jun 2011, 10:13:00 EDT
- Type of vitamin B1 could treat common cause of blindnessThu, 23 Apr 2009, 17:50:52 EDT
- Researchers report progress using iPS cells to reverse blindnessWed, 15 Jun 2011, 13:35:58 EDT
- Breakthrough in treatment to prevent blindnessWed, 21 Dec 2011, 15:36:40 EST
- Glaucoma patients report a wide range of emotional and psychological changesMon, 11 Apr 2011, 10:34:39 EDT